Enjoy an easy to make Cranberry Coffee Cake made with whole wheat and healthier ingredients along with a little orange. It is perfect for Christmas morning or afternoon tea. Delight your friends and neighbors with a homemade holiday gift.
I love to make homemade Holiday gifts for my neighbors. Everyone is so busy and they rarely have time to make something from scratch for themselves. Sunday Suppers is giving you lots of ideas for Homemade Holiday Food Gifts. Last week I made you a Pumpkin Cream Cheese Coffee Cake. It is one gorgeous wreath like coffee cake that is a lot of work. It is totally worth the work, but I wanted to give you a quick and easy option too. That is what this Whole Wheat Cranberry Orange Coffee Cake is. You do not need a stand mixer. There is no yeast to bloom. No waiting while the dough rises. You mix up the ingredients in a bowl and bake. How easy is that?
I used healthier ingredients and took out some of the fat by using Greek yogurt so it is fewer calories too. Yes, I also took out some of the sugar. Did you know you can deduct 1/4 cup of sugar from almost any baking recipes? Whole berry cranberry sauce gives you pops of tart cranberry flavor and the cinnamon almond topping provides delicious crunch and texture. It is really easy make this coffee cake. Feel free to make it ahead of time and freeze. It is perfect for Christmas morning or afternoon tea with friends. Make a couple of Whole Wheat Cranberry Orange Coffee Cakes to bring to your friends and neighbors too. They will love it.
Check out all these other wonderful ideas from Sunday Supper for Homemade Holiday Food Ideas. If you want to be sure to see Food Done Light’s next recipe, Claims in Sofrito, subscribe by email below. You won’t want to miss it.
Whole Wheat Cranberry Orange Coffee Cake
Happy Healthy Eating,
- Chocolate, Caramel and Cranberry Biscotti by What Smells So Good?
- Cinnamon and Spice Granola by Simple ad Savory
- Coconut Macaroon Tarts by Asian In America
- Cranberry Coffee Cake by Food Done Light
- Mini Pumpkin Breads by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Snowman Poop by Palatable Pastime
- A Trio of Brittle by The Freshman Cook
- Caramel Nut Clusters by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Cashew Crunch by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Grandma’s Peanut Butter Balls by Cricket’s Confections
- Homemade Peanut Brittle by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Homemade Twix Bars by Pies and Plots
- Rosé Wine Gumdrops by Authentically Candace
- Superfoods Fruit & Nut Bites by My Life Cookbook
- Toffee Candied Peanuts by New South Charm
- Turron de Jijona (Spanish Soft Nougat) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Espresso Fudge by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cups by The Chef Next Door
- Peanut Butter Fudge by Family Around The Table
- Peppermint Bark Candy by Life Tastes Good
- Peppermint Bark Popcorn by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Red Wine Hot Fudge Sauce by The Crumby Cupcake
Jams, Syrups, Drinks
- Blood and Sand Jam by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cranberry Port Jam by The Redhead Baker
- Creamy Lemoncello by Monica’s Table
- Warm Gingerbread Syrup by Food Lust People Love
Mixes and Spices
- Cherry Almond Scone Mix by Baking Sense
- Cranberry Almond Quick Bread Mix by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Lavender-infused Sugar by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
But wait, there is more. Check out these delicious, whole wheat coffee cakes:
Food Done Light is on a mission to keep passion for food but find ways to fit it into a healthy life and hopefully, along the way, change eating habits for good. Healthy living one bite at a time is our motto. You will find heart healthy recipes with Weight Watcher points, and most of all the recipes are delicious. Just ask the Food Done Light family which includes my husband, 9-year-old daughter, Lucy, our 7 yr old Golden Retriever, and Stella, our 12-year-old cat. Find Food Done Light on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter.