This is a sponsored post for Turkey Fajita Panini written by me on behalf of Sargento® Cheese. All opinions are 100% mine.
Use leftover turkey or pick some up from the deli to make this deliciously, healthy turkey fajita panini filled with sautéed onions, peppers and spinach and melted Pepper Jack cheese.
Pin Turkey Fajita Panini here.
My little one was having some stomach issues and she had to go through two weeks of no dairy. You would have thought the world had ended when she realized she could not have cheese. Her bottom lip quivered, her eyes were brimming with tears and she whined “No Cheese!”. She was devastated. Every single day she asked for cheese. We tried some vegan cheese. Oh boy! That did not go well. When I finally told her she could have cheese again, she asked “Real Cheese?”. Yes Ly, real cheese. She runs to the refrigerator and grabs a slice of Sargento® cheddar cheese.
Her faces beams with pleasure as she happily munches on her “real cheese”. She may not have realized how right she was to say “real cheese”. Most processed slice cheese is only 51% cheese. Umm, what is the other 49% then? Sargento® is 100% cheese. They actually cut it from blocks of real, natural cheese which has been tested by professional cheese graders. Believe me, my daughter can tell the difference. They should hire her to be a professional cheese grader. She may only be 9 years old, but she knows good cheese.
We may overdo the “cheese thing”. Seriously if you open my refrigerator you will find about 10 different types of cheese at any one time. My nightmare is to run out of cheese. I would have a serious revolt on my hands. We have small wedges of good blue cheese, brie and parmesan. I also like to keep slices readily available for my little one to be self-sufficient in making a snack or cooking her famous cheesy eggs for breakfast. We go through a lot of cheese in this house. I really should buy stock in cheese. I think we keep them in business. We are working our way through the 23 different varieties of cheese Sargento® has. We had provolone last night on lamb burgers. Swiss went on a salami sandwich for lunch. Cheddar cheese slices are grabbed to munch on for a snack.
For this recipe, I am going spicy with the Pepper Jack cheese. I am using leftover turkey. Save this recipe for your Thanksgiving leftovers, or pick up some turkey from your deli. Who wants to wait for Thanksgiving to enjoy this scrumptious sandwich? I added the flavors and vegetables of fajitas for this panini. After Thanksgiving, your taste buds are screaming for something different. This hot sandwich will do it for you. A little spice is always nice. Can’t take the heat? Try some provolone instead. Provolone is a fantastic melting cheese. Think ooey gooey melted deliciousness. I like to use marble rye but use whole wheat if you would rather. It is all good. Find out more about Sargento® Sliced Cheese. Don’t forget to follow them on Instagram and Facebook. Be sure to let me know what type of sandwich would you make with Sargento® cheese.
To be sure to see Food Done Light’s next recipe, Cranberry Coconut Macaroons, subscribe by email below now. You won’t want to miss another recipe again.
Also find Food Done Light videos on You tube.
Happy Healthy Eating,
Turkey Fajita Panini
- 1 tsp . olive oil
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup sliced bell peppers
- 2 cup spinach leaves
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- ½ tsp . ground cumin
- ½ tsp . kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp . fresh ground black pepper
- 12 oz . sliced turkey breast
- 4 slices Sargento® Pepper Jack slices
- 8 slices Marbled Rye or Whole Wheat Bread
Heat oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
Add onions and peppers, cooking until translucent.
Add spinach, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper. Cook until spinach wilts.
Heat Panini press.
Place four slices of bread on work surface.
Top with a slice of cheese.
Divide spinach mixture and place on top of cheese.
Add turkey and top with slice of bread.
Spray Panini press with non-stick cooking spray.
Place in press and cook according to manufacturer's’ instructions.
I calculated 10 Weight Watcher Smartpoints.