Fresh spring asparagus roasted in a light mustard and balsamic vinaigrette can be on your table in 10 minutes. This healthy vegetable side dish will have them coming back for seconds.
Pin Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Mustard Vinaigrette here.
Spring has sprung! I hope the spring weather has finally materialized in your neck of the woods. It certainly has here in Georgia. The cherry blossom trees are starting to bloom. Our other trees are budding, and I am sneezing, coughing and have watery eyes. Yes, Spring has sprung. In another month, everything will be covered with yellow pollen. It is so bad that any outside furniture will be yellow. Windows and sidewalks will be yellow from pollen. Wait, this is suppose to be happy, spring kind of post. I really do love the beauty in Spring, but I really hate what it does to my allergies. Holy cow! The mornings and evenings are still a little cool which makes it perfect for eating dinner outside. Neighborhood kids are playing outside. Everyone is wearing short sleeve shirts and flip flops already.
My favorite joys of Spring have to be seeing asparagus and artichokes in the markets! In fact my daughter’s favorite dinner in Spring is a whole artichoke dipped in butter. Sometimes it is more like butter with a side of artichoke, but she is eating an entire large vegetable so who am I to complain? We have already been to an Easter egg hunt, too. There is spring break to look forward to and then she will be out of school the third week in May. Wow! That is half the year almost gone already. Where does the time go?
Speaking of Easter, Roasted Asparagus with Mustard Balsamic Vinaigrette would be a fabulous side dish for the occasion. It can be ready from start to finish in less than 15 minutes. That gives you time to get everything else ready. If you are having a ham, take the ham out of the oven and pop the asparagus in. By the time the ham is cut and on the platter, your asparagus will be done. If you need a ham recipe, check out my husband’s absolute favorite, Horseradish Panko Crusted Ham with Mustard Horseradish Sauce. Bring a little Spring to your Easter table. Tell me, what are your favorite things about Spring?
If you want to be sure to see Food Done Light’s next recipe, Blueberry Lemon Muffin Tops, subscribe by email below. You won’t want to miss it.
Follow me on Pinterest Christie@Food Done Light
Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Mustard Vinaigrette #SundaySupper
- 1 lb . asparagus , tough ends removed
- 1 tbsp . oil
- 1 tbsp . white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp . dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp . kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp . fresh ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 425°.
Place asparagus on a baking sheet.
In a small bowl, mix together oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper.
Pour over the asparagus and toss to fully coat.
Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, or until asparagus is just fork tender.
I calculated 2 Weight Watcher Smartpoints.
Happy Healthy Eating,
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
- Easter Egg Smoothie by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Home-made Limoncello by Manu’s Menu
- Meyer Lemon Rosemary Martini by The Redhead Baker
- Asparagus and Roasted Garlic Hummus by Palatable Pastime
- Baked Lemon and Goat Cheese Dip by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Cauliflower Salad by Wallflour Girl
- Green Asparagus Soup with Seared Scallops by An Appealing Plan
- Panzanella Primavera by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Salmon Berry and Almond Salad with Lemon Honey Dressing by Family Foodie
- Skillet Spinach Artichoke Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Asparagus Gribiche by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Early Peas with Pearl Onions in Cream by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Mustard Vinaigrette by Food Done Light
- Sauteed Artichokes & Potatoes by Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Spring Green Rice by Magnolia Days
- Artichoke Pesto Pasta by PancakeWarriors
- Crispy Honey Chicken Spring Salad by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Early Spring Risotto by Cooking Chat
- Honey Lemon Shrimp by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Irish Lamb Stew by Food Lust People Love
- Perfect Scrambled Eggs with Asparagus, Goat Cheese and Chives by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Quiche Florentine by Curious Cuisiniere
- Roasted Lamb Chops, Fontina Cheese Polenta with Asparagus and Mushrooms by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Root Vegetable Risotto by Momma’s Meals
- Spring Lemon Pasta by MealDiva
- Spring Pea & Chèvre Souffle by FoodieTots
- Spring Vegetable Risotto by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Salmon and Strawberry Spinach Salad with a Kentucky Maple Vinaigrette by Dandelion Greens
- Tilapia with Classic Pesto by Whole Food | Real Families
- Veal Stew with Spring Greens by The Texan New Yorker
- Berry Shortcakes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Blueberry Coconut Macaroons by Pies and Plots
- Blueberry Rhubarb Muffins by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Carrot Cake Cookies by Noshing With The Nolands
- Carrot Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Icing by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Gluten Free Healthy Hummingbird Cake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon Cream Pie with Girl Scouts Lemonade Cookie Crust by Our Good Life
- Lemon Meringue Pie by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Low-Fat Strawberry Muffins by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Matcha Strawberry Cake by Brunch with Joy
- Palm Sunday Easter Bread by Love and Confections
- Pretzels, Peanut Butter, and Beer Cake Recipe by Recipe for Perfection
- Sticky Carrot Squares by What Smells So Good?
- Three Berry Coconut Crispies by Simply Healthy Family
Report to moderator Logged
But wait, there’s more. Check out these deliciously, low calorie asparagus recipes: