This post is sponsored by Certified Angus Beef in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Does the thought of making a big roast, like a standing rib roast, terrify you? I was absolutely terrified the first time I did. Let’s face it, these are not cheap cuts of meat, and you are probably making it for a very special occasion. The thought of ruining a good cut of meat like this kept me from making one for years. So silly. They are actually incredibly easy to make. When I first started to think about cooking one, I realized did not even know what the roast was called. How was I supposed to go into the butcher’s to ask for a roast when I did not know what it was? Thanks to Certified Angus Beef’s new app, Roast Perfect, you can feel confident that you know what you are asking for. The app tells you what all the different cuts of beef are, the different names for each cut and what type of cooking is best. Once I felt confident about the type of Certified Angus Beef I wanted, I had to find somewhere to buy it. According to their store finder, the only store near me was about 25 minutes away, Corner’s Edge Butcher Shoppe. As it happened to be near my parent’s house, I gave my Dad a call to see if he had heard of it.
As luck would have it, they were eating lunch a block away. My Dad is a serious food lover and was more than happy to check it out for me. He called raving about the shoppe. Of course, I could not wait to go. We took a family field trip to Corner’s Edge, why not? Everyone working there was so jovial and enthusiastic about their work. We talked and talked and talked to the butcher. He happily walked me through all the cuts of meat they had and why they were so happy to sell Certified Angus Beef. They did not have the cut I wanted in stock but were more than happy to order it for me. Maybe I have a strange family, but we love going to stores like this and talking to the experts about their food products. Their love of the job was evident and quite contagious.
The Certified Angus Beef roast was melt in your mouth tender and so delicious. We always have a standing rib roast for Christmas and after tasting this one, we will have a Certified Angus Beef roast from now on. The quality of the meat is outstanding. I’ve picked up a CAB chuck roast and sirloin tip to cook later on. I love the idea of developing a relationship with a small business like Corner’s Edge Butcher Shoppe. I am going to be a regular. I have no doubt our Christmas roast will be every bit as delicious as this one. In fact, I think it might have to be a copy of this one, or I could use my other recipe for Garlic Rosemary Crusted Prime Rib. Be sure to download the RoastPerfect app. It will alleviate any trepidation you have about cooking a wonderful roast for your family. You can also feel confident you are buying the correct cut for whatever cooking preparation you are using.
If you want to be sure to see Food Done Light’s next recipe, “Shrimp & Grits Style” Pasta, (don’t worry grits are not involved) subscribe by email below. You won’t want to miss it.
Happy Healthy Eating,
- Apple Cider Dijon Marinated Tip Roast by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Beef Pot Roast by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Beef Roast and Cabbage by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Boliche (Cuban Stuffed Roast) by Magnolia Days
- Boneless Rib Roast with Roasted Garlic and Herbs by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Sirloin Roast with Red Wine Onion Gravy by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Coffee Rubbed Roast Beef by Eat Picks
- Fennel and Herb Crusted Beef Tenderloin by Casa de Crews
- Garlic and Herb Crusted Ribeye Roast with Red Wine Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Herb & Garlic Crusted Roast by The Melrose Family
- Garlic Roast Beef by Life Tastes Good
- Herbed Rotisserie Rib Roast with Portobello Mushroom Gravy by The Educators’ Spin On It
- Holiday Ribeye Roast by Family Foodie
- Miso Glazed Standing Rib Roast au Jus by kimchi MOM
- Mustard Crusted Roast Beef by Curious Cuisiniere
- Peppercorn Crusted Standing Rib Roast with Red Wine Au Jus by Food Done Light
- Petite Sirloin Roast Chasseur (Hunter’s Style) by Palatable Pastime
- Pomegranate Balsamic Glazed Prime Rib by I’m Not the Nanny
- Ribeye Roast with Harissa by Shockingly Delicious
- Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Fresh Herb Crust and Horseradish Cream by Midlife Road Trip
Plus Selecting the Perfect Roast by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.