Easy and child friendly, gluten-free oven fried crispy chicken tenders. Full of flavor even an adult will love for dinner.
Pin Oven Fried Crispy Chicken Tenders here.
When the going gets tough, the tough make comfort food. Looking back on what I have made for dinner the last two or three weeks, I realize it has almost all been comfort food, albeit healthy comfort food. Usually when we come back from vacation, I delve into the food of whatever country we have visited. I love to hold onto the memories and that feeling of wonder and excitement by bringing their food to my home. I would normally be regaling you with Spanish and Italian food, but a week after we got back life threw us a major curveball.
We were on a plane to Singapore as my Father in Law had collapsed after surgery. As you may know, he passed away. While we were there, we submerged ourselves in Chinese food as a way to reconnect with family and find that silver lining by enjoying our unexpected time together. When we got back, the last thing I wanted was Chinese food. While in Singapore it brought us together, here at home it reminded me of what we had lost and the absence of my husband’s family. I found I wanted good old USA comfort food. Since Sunday Suppers is all about easy game day food, these fit perfectly. What is more American than football.
That lead to this recipe. I have been meaning to make these Oven Fried Crispy Chicken Tenders ever since I used rice crackers to coat my Crispy Singapore Shrimp. Rice crackers make a great coating. They are crispy, crunchy and gluten-free. They pretty much do all the work of making these chicken tenders crispy without frying. With the same spice mix I loved from my Oven Fried Pork Chops, I was off to the races.
These are child friendly and cook up quickly. Whenever you are craving fried chicken, eat these crispy chicken tenders instead. They will give you that satisfying crunch as you sink your teeth into the moist strips of chicken. You will be seeing quite a few more healthy comfort dishes next month. Also reading a lot less moaning and groaning from me about all the curveballs life has thrown us lately. I still have a lot of blessings to count. I think I have said that before and yet …
If you want to be sure to see Food Done Light’s next recipe, Nacho flavored Tortilla Chips, subscribe by email below. You won’t want to miss it.
Gluten Free Oven Fried Crispy Chicken Tenders
- 1 lb . boneless , skinless chicken tenders
- 1 tsp . baking powder
- 1 tsp . paprika
- ½ tsp . onion powder
- ½ tsp . garlic powder
- ¾ tsp . kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp . fresh ground black pepper
- 1 egg , lightly beaten
- 1 cup rice cracker crumbs (about 40 crackers)
Preheat oven to 375•. Place a wire rack on top of a baking sheet. Spray with non-stick spray.
Mix together baking powder through pepper.
Place chicken on a cutting board and sprinkle both sides with spice mix.
Dip chicken into egg, letting any excess drip off.
Place cracker crumbs in a bag. Place one piece of chicken inside the bag. Seal and shake to cover.
Place on wire rack. Repeat with remaining chicken.
Bake for 8 minutes.
Turn over and bake for another 6 to 8 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked.
Cal 226/Fat 5g/Carbs 14g/fiber 0g/Protein 28g
I calculated 4 Weight Watcher smart points
Happy Healthy Eating,
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Avocado Corn Salad by Books ‘n Cooks
- Bacon-wrapped Shrimp Jalapeño Poppers by Food Lust People Love
- BLT Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs by Highlands Ranch Foodie
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos with Cilantro Crème by Cooking with Carlee
- Chipotle Lime Chicken Fajita Sliders by Flavor Mosaic
- Cucumber Shrimp Cups by Sunday Supper Movement
- Game Day Burger Sliders by Dessert Geek
- Gyro Meatballs & Herbed Yogurt Dip by My Life Cookbook
- Ham and Salami Rollups by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Healthier Patatas Bravas by Caroline’s Cooking
- Kale Pesto Dip by Cooking Chat
- Lemony Chicken Wings by Basic N Delicious
- Liptauer (Hungarian Cheese Spread) by Curious Cuisinere
- Loaded Guacamole by Casa de Crews
- Loaded Smashed Potatoes by The Hungry Goddess
- Mexican Spinach Dip by Meal Planning Magic
- Nachodillas with Jalapeno Bean Dip by Palatable Pastime
- No-Bake Almond Energy Bites by Pies and Plots
- PB&J Wings by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pork Belly Sliders by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Queso Blanco Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Roasted Jalapeno and Chorizo Queso by The Texan New Yorker
- Sausage Pizza Dip from Family Foodie
- Ultimate Taco Dip by Monica’s Table
- Bacon Swiss Burger Sliders by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Black Bean Chili by Cricket’s Confections
- Blackberry Sriracha BBQ Wings by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Honey Lime BBQ Chicken Thighs by Our Good Life
- Mexican Pizza by Chef Next Door
- Oven-Fried Chicken Tenders by Food Done Light
- Oven-Fried Fish Sliders by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by The Redhead Baker
- White Chicken Chili by Powered by BLING
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad by Crazed Mom
- 5-Ingredient Buckeye Dip by A Mind Full Mom
- Brownie Bomb Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Football Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Miso Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches by Ninja Baker
- Touchdown Popcorn Toffee Bark by The Weekend Gourmet
- White Chocolate Toffee Chunk Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
But wait, there is more. Check out these deliciously, healthy chicken recipes:
Food Done Light is on a mission to keep passion for food but find ways to fit it into a healthy life and hopefully, along the way, change eating habits for good. Healthy living one bite at a time is our motto. You will find heart healthy recipes with Weight Watcher points, and most of all the recipes are delicious. Just ask the Food Done Light family which includes my husband, 9-year-old daughter, Lucy, our 7 yr old Golden Retriever, and Stella, our 12-year-old cat. Find Food Done Light on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter.