A delicious and creamy lower fat peach cheesecake studded with fresh peaches will be your new favorite dessert.
Pin Peach Cheesecake here.
Happy Mother’s Day
Today is a celebration of Mothers on Sunday Suppers and Food Done Light. I will be celebrating with my Mom and family. We always stay home, and my Dad and husband do all the cooking. It is all about High Tea and dessert. This low-fat peach cheesecake would make a lovely addition to our menu. One of the absolute pleasures about being a Mom is seeing my daughter’s relationship with my Mom. We are very lucky that my parents live very close to us. My daughter spends the night with her grandparents at least once a week. My Mom and daughter have a very tight bond. When we drove to my grandparents house over spring break, my daughter spent an hour on the phone with my Mom. They were jabbering away and playing silly little games. It helped the time pass without us hearing “Are we there yet?”.
My Mom and daughter are always making plans about what they are going to do, yard work, making a craft, or decorating her room. I see her getting away with so much more than I ever would. My parents were quite strict when I was a child. She has all her grandparents wrapped around her little finger. Besides from being a fantastic grandparent, one of the truly wonderful gifts my Mom has given me is to be a Mother to my husband. He lost his Mom before we ever met, and I know he misses that relationship every day of his life. From the first time my parent’s met him, they have treated him like their own. They truly see and love him as a son, and I can see that it helps to fill a little bit of the hole his Mom’s passing left. It is a wonderful gift they have given to the man I love and makes me love them even more.
I am quite sappy today, but it is Mother’s Day after all. Additionally, I hope you are enjoying it with the one’s you love and remembering all the important women in your life. I hope that you are lucky enough to be surrounded by wonderful women who make you feel loved whether they are your biological Mom or not.
If you want to be sure to see Food Done Light’s next recipe, Caesar Pasta Salad with Chicken, subscribe by email below. You won’t want to miss it.
Follow me on Pinterest Christie@Food Done Light
Lowfat Peach Cheesecake #SundaySupper
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground lemon snaps or graham crackers
- 4 tbsp . unsalted butter , melted
- 1 egg white
- 12 oz . reduced fat cream cheese softened
- 12 oz . cream cheese , softened
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup 2% fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp . vanilla
- 2 cups chopped peaches
Preheat oven to 300°.
Spray a 9 inch spring form pan with baking spray. Cover bottom of pan with foil and roll up sides to completely seal the bottom of the pan.
In a small bowl, mix together ingredients for crust.
Pour into spring form pan and press onto the bottom and slightly up the sides. Be sure to pack crust down.
Bake for 10 minutes then cool completely.
Lower oven to 250°.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth.
Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
Slowly beat in sugar, yogurt and vanilla and beat until creamy.
Stir in peaches.
Pour batter into the pan.
Place pan inside a large roasting pan and fill roasting pan with boiling water almost halfway up the spring form pan.
Bake for 1 hour. Then turn the oven off and leave the door ajar for 1 minute.
Close the oven door and let the cheesecake sit in the oven for 1 hour.
Take cheesecake out of water bath and place in the refrigerator to cool completely, about 6 hours or overnight.
Happy Healthy Eating,
- Ginger Shandy by Nosh My Way
- La Vie en Rose by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Momma’s Mimosa by Our Good Life
Starters and Salads
- Cheese Bread by Ninja Baker
- Classic Basil Pesto Crostini by Cooking Chat
- Fennel and Radish Citrus Salad by Tasting Page
- Healthy Ham Salad Minis by Momma’s Meals
- Pate with Spiced Pears by The Joyful Foodie
- Pesto Pasta Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Super Sunny Dutch Oven Sourdough by What Smells So Good?
- Blackberry Almond Mascarpone Stuffed French Toast by The Crumby Cupcake
- Broccoli Cheddar Frittata with Tomatoes by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chicken and Pepper Rice with Fried Egg by Family Foodie
- Chicken Tajine with Prunes and Almonds by The Petit Gourmet
- Coriander Salmon with Capered Green Beans by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Dutch Baby Pancake by Curious Cuisiniere
- Goat Cheese Scrambled Eggs and Ramps in Puff Pastry by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Mimosa Waffles by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Mushroom Manchego Cream Filled Crepes by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Arugula Salad by Casa de Crews
- Smoked Salmon & Shaved Asparagus Gruyere Quiche with a Pine Nut Crust by Simply Healthy Family
Treats and Sweets
- 5 Favorite Pancake Toppings by Sunday Supper
- Angel Food Cakes in a Jar by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Black Cow Cupcakes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Breakfast Cake by Noshing With The Nolands
- Bourbon Peach Frozen Yogurt by Food Lust People Love
- Cherry Cheesecake Pastry Braid by The Redhead Baker
- Crustless Creamy Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake by Magnolia Days
- Deluxe Salted Caramel Turtle Sundae by The Weekend Gourmet
- Gluten Free Strawberries and Cream Cake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon Blackberry Mini Tarts by Life Tastes Good
- Lemon Brownies by Pies and Plots
- Lower Fat Peach Cheesecake by Food Done Light
- Mini Chocolate Marshmallow Bombe Soufflé by Nik Snacks
- Mini Lemon Almond Cupcakes by Caroline’s Cooking
- Nutella Cheesecake Shooters by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Pavlova by The Freshman Cook
- Perfect Chocolate Cupcakes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Raspberry Mascarpone Mini Tarts by Palatable Pastime
- Rose Apple Custard Tart by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Soft-Baked Lemon Coconut Cookies by One Sweet Mess
- Steamed Strawberry Coconut Poke Cake by Wallflour Girl
- Sunshine Lemon Cake Pop Bouquet by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Triple Chocolate Layer Cake by Take A Bite Out of Boca
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement. But wait, there’s more. Check out these deliciously, low calorie cheescake inspired desserts: