Just seeing this delicious cranberry apple salsa again is causes me to crave this meal all over again. It was so good, a little tart from the cranberry sauce, a little sweet from the apple and a whole lot of freshness from cilantro. It was so tasty my toes curl just thinking about it. For some reason, I do not give you all a lot of easy recipes like this. Healthy Turkey Quesadillas with Cranberry Apple Salsa kind of feels like a “non” recipe. It is so simple that you really do not need exact measurements or a specific instructions to make it. You can probably read the ingredients and come up with your own concoction. However, this is how we eat almost every Friday night.
Every Friday night, I get the dinner blues. I do not want to cook. I do not want to do dishes. I do not want to put clean dishes away. I do not want to have counters to clean. I want someone to wait on me, to bring me a cocktail, to come home after a great meal to a clean kitchen. However, life threw us a curveball when my husband lost his job. Thank goodness we have saved money through the years. Going out every Friday night is out of the picture. It isn’t economical not to mention the fact eating out is loaded with calories and “undoes” all the good I have done all week. So I try to find fun little recipes like this. I try not to measure anything and just “free form” dinner. So you do not usually get those type of recipes even when they are really good.
This time I made a concerted effort to give you an easy and quick recipe. You probably feel the exact same as me at the end of a long week and especially after the hours of cooking for Thanksgiving. So I am trying to fill in the gaps of Food Done Light recipes. Do you like recipes like this? Let me know. Would you prefer more substantial recipes? Do you like a mixture? Please comment below and let me know. I would greatly appreciate it. This one happens to be a fantastic way to use up leftover turkey and cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving. Plus I love that the flavors are totally different from our standard Thanksgiving flavors. That is what you want with leftovers, a new tasting meal. Check out Sunday Suppers leftover Thanksgiving recipes.
If you want to be sure to see Food Done Light’s next recipe, Pumpkin Cream Cheese Coffee Cake, subscribe by email below. You won’t want to miss it.
Healthy Turkey Quesadillas with Cranberry Apple Salsa
Happy Healthy Eating,
- Country Skillet Breakfast by The Freshman Cook
- Mashed Potato Craisin Bread by Baking Sense
- Sweet Potato Casserole Waffles by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Pumpkin Brownies by NinjaBaker.com
- ‘Australian Pie’ – Leftover Turkey Pie with Raisins and Bechamel by Caroline’s Cooking
- Brie Cranberry Turkey Quesadillas by Food Lust People Love
- Bubble Up Hot Brown Casserole by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Cranberry Chipotle BBQ Chicken Pizza by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Cranberry Pork Tenderloin by The Crumby Cupcake
- Creamed Spinach Turkey Pasta by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Healthy Turkey Quesadillas with Cranberry Apple Salsa by Food Done Light
- Leftover Turkey Noodle Casserole by Cricket’s Confections
- Leftover Turkey Pasta with Mushrooms by Cooking Chat
- Turkey Alfredo Stuffed Shells by Palatable Pastime
- Turkey Broccoli and Cheddar Pot Pie by Cookin’ Mimi
- Turkey Glass Noodle Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Turkey Grilled Cheese with Cranberry and Brie by Life Tastes Good
- Turkey Pot Pie Casserole by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Turkey Shepard’s Pie by Monica’s Table
- Baked Mashed Potato Pancakes by Pies and Plots
- Leftover Mashed Potato Puff Casserole by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Arroz Caldo with Turkey by Asian In America
- Bacon Egg Potato and Turkey Soup by Family Foodie
- Leftover Turkey Tortilla Soup by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Lemony Chicken-Lentil Soup with Couscous by What Smells So Good?
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
But wait, there is more. Check out these deliciously, healthy turkey recipes:
Food Done Light is on a mission to keep passion for food but find ways to fit it into a healthy life and hopefully, along the way, change eating habits for good. Healthy living one bite at a time is our motto. You will find heart healthy recipes with Weight Watcher points, and most of all the recipes are delicious. Just ask the Food Done Light family which includes my husband, 9-year-old daughter, Lucy, our 7 yr old Golden Retriever, and Stella, our 12-year-old cat. Find Food Done Light on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter.