An easy and quick vegetarian corn salad recipe with fresh grilled corn, protein rich edamame and the healthy fat of avocado.
Pin Corn Edamame & Avocado Salad here.
I was born in New Jersey, land of the best corn on the cob ever. You know it isn’t called the Garden State for nothing. New Jersey always grew the best and sweetest corn on the cob and tomatoes. Luckily Georgia and Florida have come along way with corn on the cob, so I can still enjoy my favorite summer vegetable. I don’t think there is anything that makes me feel more like a kid then biting into a juicy, sweet ear of corn with butter dripping down my chin and the occasional squirt of corn milk. Yummy!
While we tend to eat corn right off the cob the most, occasionally I like to do something a little more special with it. On my flight back from Singapore from my Father in Law’s funeral, I was served an edamame and grilled corn salad. It was light and refreshing, so I thought about re-creating it for a recipe for this blog. Plus it is corn season. Hello! Do I really need an excuse to eat corn?
I always thought of corn as being very “American”, but when we were in Europe this summer I saw a lot of corn growing. I had no idea. Consequently, I love when traveling opens my eyes to something I hadn’t known before. In fact I was even more surprised to see it on a plane to Singapore. You think I would know better by now then to presume something about a different country or culture.
Any hoo, this recipe is a little bit of a take-off of the edamame and corn salad I had on the place. Since I was on my way to Singapore, I had the inspiration for an Asian type dressing. The best thing about this dressing, there is no need to make it in a separate bowl. Just dump all the ingredients in one bowl and stir. That is one less bowl to wash. What joy! I added a little avocado for my daughter and red onion for color and crunch. It makes a very pretty salad with subtle flavors that are refreshing and light. You can grill the corn or place it on top of your gas burner on the stove. A grill pan would work too. See it really is that easy.
If you want to be sure to see Food Done Light’s next recipe, Grilled Peruvian Chicken Wraps, subscribe by email below. You won’t want to miss it.
Healthy Corn Edamame & Avocado Salad #SundaySupper
- 2 ears of corn
- 12 oz . bag shelled edamame , defrosted
- 1 avocado
- 1 ½ tbsp . soy sauce
- ½ tbsp . mirin
- ½ tbsp . rice vinegar
- 1 tsp . sesame oil
- Salt to taste
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Cook the corn on all sides until slightly charred, about 10 minutes.
Let corn cool slightly and cut off kernels. Place in a large bowl.
Add remaining ingredients and gently toss to combine.
Serve immediately, or refrigerate for a half hour.
I calculated 3 Weight Watcher smart points.
Happy Healthy Eating,
- Bacon and Corn Chowder by Latin Meet Lagniappe
- Cajun Baked Shrimp and Corn Dip by The Weekend Gourmet
- Cheesy Corn Tomato Tartlets by Sunday Supper Movement
- Cheesy Grilled Corn Dip by Helpful Homemade
- Crab & Jalapeno Hush Puppies by Simply Healthy Family
- Grilled Corn Salsa by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Indian Cheese Corn Toast: Popular Vegetarian Recipe by Easy Cooking with Molly
- Roasted Corn and Tomato Bruschetta by Monica’s Table
- Blueberry Masa Harina Pancakes by Magnolia Days
- Grilled Corn Ravioli Caprese Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Griled Corn and Avocado Salad by Garden Matter
- Grilled Tri Tip and Roasted Corn Salad by The Freshman Cook
- Healthy Corn, Edamame & Avocado Salad by Food Done Light
- Summer Vegetable Salad by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Black Bean Corn Casserole by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cornbread Waffles with Pulled Pork by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Fresh Corn Fettuccine by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Fresh Corn Polenta with Summer Vegetables by Caroline’s Cooking
- Pasta with Creamy Corn Sauce and Summer Vegetables by Delaware Girl Eats
- Polenta Stuffed Peppers by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Shrimp Corn Chowder by Feeding Big and More
- A-maize-ing Maple Cornbread by Family Around The Table
- Blueberry and Corn Skillet Bread by Wholistic Woman
- Corn Pudding by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Corn Pudding with Jalapenos and Chiles by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Addictive Corn by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Galey iyo Qumbo (Somali Corn in Coconut Sauce) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Honey Cornbread Muffins by Life Tastes Good
- Mealie Bread (South African Sweetcorn Bread) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Jalapeno Popper Cornbread Muffins by The Crumby Cupcake
- Peruvian Grilled Street Corn by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Skillet Corn with Bacon by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Skillet Fried Corn by New South Charm
- Skillet Jalapeno Cornbread by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Blackberry Cornbread Buckle by Pies and Plots
- Brazilian Corn Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Easy Cornmeal Budino with Blueberry Marmellata by Cooking With Carlee
- Mais Con Hielo-Corn on Ice by Asian In America
- Margarita Popcorn by The Redhead Baker
- Sweet Corn Ice Cream by Baking Sense
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Food Done Light is on a mission to keep passion for food but find ways to fit it into a healthy life and hopefully, along the way, change eating habits for good. Healthy living one bite at a time is our motto. You will find heart healthy recipes with Weight Watcher points, and most of all the recipes are delicious. Just ask the Food Done Light family which includes my husband, 9-year-old daughter, Lucy, our 7 yr old Golden Retriever, and Stella, our 12-year-old cat. Find Food Done Light on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter.