With a few simple ingredients, you can make a healthy, low calorie appetizer – Grilled Zucchini slices stuffed with a herb goat cheese and pimento.
Pin Goat Cheese Stuffed Grilled Zucchini Rolls here.
This week’s Sunday Supper was a 5 ingredient challenge. If you are looking at the list and see seven, what? That is because oil, salt and pepper did not count. I know it is a huge advantage to have those two free items. It worked out perfect for a recipe I have been meaning to make for quite a while. We are a cheese loving family. Any get-together has to involve cheese and lots of it.
Goat Cheese Stuffed Zucchini Rolls are a scrumptious way to enjoy a little cheese in a healthier, and may I add “cute”, little bundle. They are also seriously simple. This is one dish you want to use a mandolin. You can cut the zucchini by knife but it is hard to cut them exactly 1/8 inch thick. A mandolin can accomplish this in seconds. Fun, fun, fun. Light up the grill and throw the zucchini on. Don’t walk away. These zucchini are paper thin and will cook in a minute or two. Woo hoo.
Next, mix up your cream cheese and goat cheese and spread it on. Try not to eat the cheese mixture while you are doing this. You are going to want to. This is going to take some willpower. It is also a little messy. Grilled zucchini is a little slippery and I ended with goat cheese all over my fingers. Oh what a shame! Next sprinkle on some finely chopped pimento and roll them up. I like to add a drop or two of balsamic glaze or a really thick aged balsamic. This is the step that pulls it all together. That is it. You are ready to serve. I like to serve them at room temperature, so make them an hour or two ahead. Ready, set, make Goat Cheese Stuffed Zucchini Rolls now.
If you want to be sure to see Food Done Light’s next recipe, Watermelon Mojito Mocktail, subscribe by email below. You won’t want to miss it.
Follow me on Pinterest Christie@Food Done Light
Goat Cheese Stuffed Grilled Zucchini Rolls
- 1 or 2 zucchini
- 2 tsp . olive oil
- 1/2 tsp . kosher salt
- 2 oz . goat cheese with garlic and herbs , softened
- 5 tbsp . Greek yogurt cream cheese , softened
- 1/4 cup chopped pimento or roasted red pepper
- Thick aged balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze
Using mandolin, slice the zucchini into twenty 1/8-inch slabs.
Heat a grill or grill pan on medium-high.
Brush oil over both sides of the zucchini and sprinkle with salt.
Cook the zucchini 1 to 2 minutes per side, until just cooked but still firm.
In a small bowl, mix together goat cheese and cream cheese.
Spread 1/2 tsp. cheese onto one side of each zucchini slab and sprinkle with a little pimento.
Roll up the zucchini.
Place onto a plate and top with a few drips of balsamic vinegar.
I calculated 2 Weight Watcher Smartpoints.
Happy Healthy Eating,
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
- 2 Ingredient Orange Juice Frosty Drink by The Educators’ Spin On It
- Five Ingredient Sangria by Our Good Life
- Pina Colada Summer Smoothie by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
Appetizers and Snacks
- 5-Ingredient Creamy Avocado Dressing by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Crescent Jalapeno Poppers by The Weekend Gourmet
- Crockpot Chicken Chili Dip by The Crumby Cupcake
- Gluten Free Peach Salsa by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grilled Zucchini and Goat Cheese Roll Ups by Food Done Light
- Marinated Feta Tomato Skewers by Noshing with the Nolands
- Roasted Chili-Lime Peanuts by Casa de Crews
- Strawberry Coconut Soup with Mint by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- 3 Ingredient Steak Marinade by MealDiva
- Baked Fajita Chicken by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Crab Pasta by Caroline’s Cooking
- Grilled Portobello Mushrooms by Palatable Pastime
- Healthy Chocolate Protein Pancakes by Momma’s Meals
- Homemade Porcini Almond Pasta by The Joyful Foodie
- Abruzzo Style Cannellini Beans with Fennel & Chicken by Delaware Girl Eats
- Nutella BLT Sandwich by Brunch with Joy
- Salmon in Puff Pastry by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Simple Brined Roast Chicken with Herbs and Garlic by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Simple Grilled Tilapia by Cooking Chat
- Simple Summer Shrimp and Asparagus by eating in instead
- Skirt Steak and Grilled Potatoes for a Crowd by Family Foodie
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken by Nosh My Way
- Slowcooker Ravioli Lasagne by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Brazilian Black Beans by Curious Cuisiniere
- Korean Seasoned Dried Squid (Ojingeochae muchim) by kimchi MOM
- Mashed Cauliflower with Parmesan by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sauerkraut and Apple Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sesame Lime Edamame by Magnolia Days
- Southern Style Squash Casserole by Recipe for Perfection
- Tomato, Avocado and Bacon Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Apple Drop Candy by What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Toffee Cookies by NinjaBaker.com
- Coconut White Chocolate Truffles by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Easy No Churn Peach Frozen Yogurt by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Fluffernutter Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Magic Pudding Dessert by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- No-Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Rhubarb Crumble by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Creamy Coconut, Roasted Strawberry Chocolate Chip Popsicles by Simply Health Family
- Recipe Substitution Tips by Sunday Supper