Cobb Salad Dip, a low calorie homemade ranch dip topped with columns of lettuce, tomato, blue cheese, bacon and avocado is a healthy delicious recipe for a party.
Pin Cobb Salad Dip here.
Remember when you were a kid and couldn’t wait to have friends sleepover? You would stay up all night, eat a lot of junk and giggle away with your friends.Your parents probably did all the work of grocery shopping, cooking and laundry. We’ve reached the time when my daughter loves to have friends sleepover. Last year we let her have 8 friends sleepover for her birthday. What were we thinking? In truth, most of the kids were really excellently behaved. Only one had some issues. Still I barely slept listening for any little noises that something was wrong downstairs where they were all sleeping. Being responsible for that many girls was nerve wracking. I kept it easy by ordering pizza and picking up some donuts for breakfast. This year we are limiting the sleepover to three girls. I think I can handle that without all the stress.
When family sleeps over, I immediately start to plan a menu. Dips and snacks are one of the first things I think about. This healthy Cobb Salad Dip is perfect. I have to admit, it is the toppings that steal the show. I loved digging in and having each bite being different. Sometimes I got a tomato and some lettuce. Another bite might be bacon and blue cheese. Biting into a piece of avocado is always sublime. If you want, you could load a chip with a tiny piece of all the toppings, lettuce, tomato, blue cheese, bacon and avocado. The creamy homemade ranch dip on the bottom seals the deal and brings it all together.
I brought this dip along to a neighbors when we were invited for dinner, and it was a hit. I served it with pretzel chips but you could do vegetables or tortilla chips. If you want a bite with a little bit of everything, mix up the toppings first then sprinkle them over the ranch dip. It does look rather pretty with the stripes on top, but do whatever floats your boat. You can check out more sleepover favorites this week on Sunday Supper.
If you want to be sure to see Food Done Light’s next recipe, Jalapeno Popper Chicken Chili, subscribe by email below. You won’t want to miss it.
Cobb Salad Dip (Healthy, Low Calorie) #SundaySupper
- 2 cups non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup reduced fat olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp . minced fresh dill
- 2 tbsp . minced onion
- 2 tbsp . finely chopped chives
- ¼ tsp . garlic powder
- ¼ tsp . kosher salt
- 2/3 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- ¼ cup finely diced tomato
- 1 oz . crumbled blue cheese
- ¼ cup finely chopped avocado
- 4 crumbled slices cooked center cut bacon
In a medium bowl, mix together first seven ingredients.
Spoon into an 8 x 8 inch baking dish into an even layer.
Sprinkle half of the shredded lettuce on one side of the baking dish, covering about an inch width.
Next make a row of tomatoes, then blue cheese, then avocado, then bacon and finish with lettuce again.
Serve with chips or endive leaves.
I calculated 5 Weight Watcher Smart Points
Happy Healthy Eating,
- Bacon Jam Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- Baked Ham Egg Cheese Sandwiches by Food Lust People Love
- Breakfast Strata with Bacon and Date by Caroline’s Cooking
- Broccoli Breakfast Bake by Cricket’s Confections
- Classic Buttermilk Pancakes by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Burrito by Brunch-n-Bites
- Julia’s Mushroom Quiche – Quiche aux Champignons by An Appealing Plan
- Nutty Sweet Potato Waffles by Wholistic Woman
- Overnight Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Overnight Green Chile Breakfast Burritos by Cooking On The Ranch
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Cereal Treat Bars by Crazed Mom
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes by Books n’ Cooks
- Pumpkin French Toast Casserole by Moore or Less Cooking
- Swedish Pancakes with Brown Sugar Bananas by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Waffle Fruit Kabobs by Home Sweet Homestead
- 2-Minute Quick Fudge by Sunday Supper Movement
- Classic Oatmeal Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Heavenly Oreo Dessert by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Mini Port Wine Chocolate Covered Apples by The Redhead Baker
- Peach Slab Pie by Pies and Plots
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Better Than Anything Chex Mix by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Caramel Corn by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Cobb Salad Dip by Food Done Light
- Crispy Tortilla Cookie Cutouts by Palatable Pastime
- DIY Grilled Cheese Bar by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Fluffernutter Puff Pastry Turnovers by The Weekend Gourmet
- Make-It-Yourself Caramel Apple Bar by The Freshman Cook
- Maple Fish Party Mix by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Midnight Chicken Nuggets by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pizza Popcorn by Feeding Big
- S’mores Snack Mix by Positively Stacey
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Food Done Light is on a mission to keep passion for food but find ways to fit it into a healthy life and hopefully, along the way, change eating habits for good. Healthy living one bite at a time is our motto. You will find heart healthy recipes with Weight Watcher points, and most of all the recipes are delicious. Just ask the Food Done Light family which includes my husband, 9-year-old daughter, Lucy, our 7 yr old Golden Retriever, and Stella, our 12-year-old cat. Find Food Done Light on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter.