Fresh sweet blueberry crumble with strawberries and raspberries topped with a cheesecake swirl and crunchy, crumbly oat topping is the dessert you need to make for your next picnic or barbecue.
Pin Blueberry Crumble here.
The summer berry season is in full swing. I love the smell of the luscious strawberries at the grocers. I could stand there and sniff them all. Does that make me weird? Don’t you just love it when you can walk by some fresh fruit and smell it’s intoxicating sweetness? It smells like the best perfume ever. Blueberry Crumble with Strawberry Raspberry and Cheesecake Swirl is all about enjoying these delicious berries and making them the star of the show. Of course, a little cheesecake swirl does not hurt, and I’ve got a red, white and blue dessert perfect for Memorial Day or Independence Day.
This dessert actually took a few tries to get it just right. My food critics, aka my husband and daughter, had quite a bit to say about the mix of berries and whether the swirl should be below the crumble or on top. Sometimes their critiques are enough to drive a woman batty. Even though my little one adores raspberries, she felt I had too many in the first attempt.
I also put the cheesecake swirl over the blueberry crumble. Visually, it looked bad! I am not sure anyone would want to eat it. I cut back on the raspberries and put the crumble on the top, and we were in business. Blueberry crumble is a simple dessert that is perfect to bring to a picnic or barbecue. There is very little effort involved. Make blueberry crumble for dessert for your family or double it and make it for a crowd. It is sure to please.
If you want to be sure to see Food Done Light’s next recipe, Pina Colada Bundt Cake, subscribe by email below. You won’t want to miss it.
Follow me on Pinterest Christie@Food Done Light
Strawberry, Blueberry and Raspberry Cheesecake Crumble #SundaySupper
- 4 oz . reduced fat cream cheese , softened
- 3 tbsp . confectioners’ sugar
- 1 large egg white , lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp . pure vanilla extract
- 8 oz . strawberries , hulled and cut in half
- 6 oz . blueberries
- 4 oz . raspberries
- 3 tbsp . granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp . fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp . lemon zest
- 3 tbsp . whole wheat pastry flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tsp . baking soda
- 3 tbsp . cold light butter , chopped
- Pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 375°. Spray a 8 x 8 inch baking dish with non-stick baking spray.
In a small bowl, mix together ingredients for cheesecake.
Pour into the bottom of the baking dish and spread evenly with a spatula.
In a large bowl, mix together strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, flour, and salt. Pour on top of the cheesecake.
In a medium bowl, mix together sugar, oats, flour, baking soda, butter and salt. Using a pastry cutter or your hands, cut in the butter until large crumbs form.
Lightly sprinkle on top.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Take the foil off and cook for another 10 minutes.
Let sit for at least 30 minutes before serving. Calories 176/Fat 5g/Carbs 29g/fiber 4g/Protein 4g
Happy Healthy Eating,
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement. Food Using One Color Red Food
- Baby Back Ribs with Roasted Strawberry Barbecue Sauce by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Baked Tomato Breakfast Cups by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Red Velvet Milk Shake by Nosh My Way
- Strawberry Meringue Tartlets by What Smells So Good?
- Strawberry Oat Crumble by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Alabama BBQ Sauce by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Blueberry Breakfast Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Blue Velvet Cupcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Food Using Two Colors Red and White Food
- Pickled Shrimp with Pico de Gallo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sausage Rougail (Rougail Saucisse) by The Petit Gourmet
Blue and White Food
- Blueberry Feta Cucumber Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Pierogi by Curious Cuisiniere
Red, White and Blue Food
- Berry Berry Celebrations by Momma’s Meals
- Berry Filled Firecracker Cupcakes by The Crumby Cupcake
- Berry Patriotic Chia Seed Pudding by Tasting Page
- Easy Chocolate Covered Marshmallows by Palatable Pastime
- Eton Mess by Caroline’s Cooking
- Greek Yogurt Parfait Bar by Family Foodie
- Grilled Shrimp, Tomato and Bleu Cheese Flatbread by Our Good Life
- Individual Loaded Red, White, and Blue Salads by The Weekend Gourmet
- Patriotic Cocktail by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Patriotic Panna Cotta by The Freshman Cook
- Red White And Blue Coleslaw by Nik Snacks
- Red, White, and Blue Parfaits by Life Tastes Good
- Red, White and Blue Cherry Pie by Savory Experiments
- Red, White, and Blue Potato Salad by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Red, White and Blue Sangria by Food Lust People Love
- Red White and Blue Sundae by Desserts Required
- St. Honore Cake by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Strawberry, Blueberry & Raspberry Cheesecake Crumble by Food Done Light
- Tomato Blue Cheese Crostini by Magnolia Days
- Triple Berry Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Vanilla Pound Cake with Fresh Berries by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Watermelon, Feta & Beet Appetizer by Take A Bite Out of Boca
5 Tips for Potlucks by Sunday Supper Movement Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement. But wait, there’s more. Check out these deliciously, low calorie berry dessert recipes: Mixed Berry Shortcake with Whipped Yogurt Blueberry Cream Cheese Pie Strawberry Rhubard Cake