Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip is cheesy, spicy and full of buffalo chicken flavor in a skinny, low-fat, low calorie kind of way. Make some for Father’s Day.
My name is Christie and I am a Buffalo Chicken addict. What is it about buffalo sauce that makes us all go gaga? I see buffalo sauced recipes all over Pinterest and Facebook. They are always popular and I admit, I look at all of them too. There are times I crave that slightly spicy flavor. I first had a version of this dip a few years ago. I belonged to a Mom’s Club and one of the ladies had brought this dip. One bite and I was hooked. This is one of those foods I cannot keep in the house because I will eat the entire dish. Same goes for chocolate donuts. I absolutely, positively cannot resist them. I knew I wanted to lighten this recipe. So here it is, the unveiling of one of my favorite dips ever, Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip.
This dip is lip smacking good. I don’t care what I have to dip in it, a cracker, bread, a spoon. It doesn’t matter. This is all about the cheesy, slightly spicy dip. It is also easy peasy. Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip kind of reminds me of man food which makes it perfect for Father’s Day. I’ve rarely met a man who did not love buffalo chicken wings; so you know they are going to love this. Have lots of napkins at the ready. Just like wings, this dip can be messy with all the ooey, gooey cheese and the buffalo sauce dripping off the cracker. A bib might be quite useful.
By the way, the little fingers you see in the pictures are my daughter’s. She loves to help me and always wants to be part of the photographs. She also loved this dip. I was a little shocked about that. We have slowly been working on increasing her tolerance for spicy food. She happily devoured this dip.
Whip up a dish of Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip for the men in your life. I bet the women will be pushing to get their fair share too. It is going to be a hotly requested dish all summer long.
- ¼ cup non-fat milk
- 3 tbsp. non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. light mayonnaise
- 4 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 8 oz. non-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1 cup shredded 75% reduced fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk, yogurt, and mayonnaise and apple cider vinegar until smooth.
- Stir in blue cheese.
- In another bowl, mix together chicken and buffalo sauce.
- Spread cream cheese in the bottom of a pie plate.
- Spread chicken mixture on top of cream cheese.
- Pour blue cheese sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake until hot and bubbly, about 15 minutes
Try these delicious dips too: