Chopped Vegetable Confetti Salad is a vibrantly colorful salad of broccoli, cauliflower, red pepper and carrots. It is perfect for a picnic, potluck or BBQ.
Chopped Vegetable Confetti Salad is going to be the salad I bring to any potluck, BBQ or party this summer. I always try to bring a dish that is healthy for me to eat. At least I know there is something, at the get together, that I can eat. This is full of delicious raw vegetables all tossed in a light vinaigrette. The vibrant colors satisfy your eyes and your stomach. It is a power punch of nutrition.
I had a similar salad years ago at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens. It was so long ago I don’t remember what was in it. I just remember the rainbow of colors and how scrumptious it was. It was light but satisfying and seemed the perfect food to eat in the midst of the beautiful flowers. When we get a beautiful Spring day, walking around the Botanical Gardens is such a pleasure. Every time you do, different flowers are in bloom. There is a small children’s area for the kids to run around and slide. I especially love walking over the canopied bridge. I always wish it were longer. The views are gorgeous and the canopy provides extra shade from the hot sun.
It has been such a long, hard Winter that I think I am actually enjoying Spring more, minus the horrific allergies from tree pollen. I feel like all the plants and trees became vibrantly green over night. I feel myself wanting to eat lighter food especially salads and am practically OD’ing on asparagus and artichokes. We also have special activities we like to do in the Spring, like strawberry picking, long walks and playing outside. The best part about Spring is, it isn’t hot! Oh man, do I hate the hot weather. The nights are still pleasant and perfect to eat dinner on the deck. I can go days without turning the oven on. We don’t need a hot meal every night to warm us up. These days, I rarely need anything to warm me up. Oh the joys of being in your 40’s. Wow! I forget how old I am all the time!
What do you look forward to in the Spring? Do you eat differently? Do you have special activities you like to do? I would love to hear from you.
- 4 cups roughly chopped cauliflower
- 4 cups roughly chopped broccoli
- 2 cups roughly chopped carrot
- 2 cups roughly chopped celery
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 cup roughly chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp. good olive oil
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- Place cauliflower into a food processor and pulse until cauliflower is very finely diced. Pour into a large bowl.
- Repeat with broccoli and remaining vegetables (through onion), one at a time.
- In a small bowl, whisk together garlic and vinegar. Whisk in olive oil and remaining ingredients.
- Pour over vegetables and toss well.
- Refrigerate for an hour or so.
Here are some other salads you may enjoy: