***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by OXO. #AppetizerWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***
Welcome to Day #1 of Appetizer Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker. With the big football game coming up, we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your game day spread. Each day we will be dishing up a different set of appetizers. We hope you enjoy this fabulous group of recipes. Tune in each day starting with Monday, January 20 and ending on Saturday, January 25. Lots of great prizes will be up for grabs so you do not want to miss one single day. Follow #AppetizerWeek on Twitter to keep up to date with all our amazing recipes and giveaways!
Our sponsor for Day 1 of Appetizer Week is OXO. We are so happy they joined us today. OXO is dedicated to providing innovative consumer products that make everyday living easier. Their tools are designed with everyone in mind, they are not only efficient but they are also comfortable to use. As food bloggers we spend a ton of time in the kitchen and we need our tools to not only stand the test of time, but to be as user-friendly as possible. OXO tools meet all those requirements. You can follow OXO on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Today’s OXO Prize Pack valued at over $256 includes:
- 3-in-1 Avocado Slicer
- 4 Piece Mini Measuring Beaker Set
- Citrus Juicer
- Hand-Held Mandoline Slicer
- 2 Cup Angled Measuring Cup
- 6 Piece Measuring Cup Set in Black
- 6 Piece Measuring Spoon Set in Black
- 3 Piece Large Bowl and Colander Set in Red
- Garlic Press
- Silicone Pastry Brush
- Utility Cutting Board in Red
- Pop Container Big Square in 4.0 Quart Size
- Pop Scoop
- Oil Stopper/Pourer
- Pastry Scraper/Chopper
- Coarse Hand-Held Grater
- Salt and Pepper Grinder Set
- 12 inch Silicone Tongs
***Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. Winner must be 18 years of age or older. No substitutions or cash value will be given***
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I adore chicken wings. I don’t know what it is about them that makes them so popular. If you think about it, you get a tiny amount of meat on a wing. Maybe it’ the sauce or just the magical combination of sauce and chicken. Chicken wings just seem to be universally liked. You don’t have to live without them when you are on a diet or eating healthy. You can’t eat the whole basket but you can certainly enjoy a few of my Chocolate Malta Chicken Wings.
Going to a party, let alone a Super Bowl party, while on a diet, can be a special kind of torture. You can either save all your calories for the party; or eat before in hopes you won’t eat much there. If I have saved all my calories for the party, then I am so hungry that I could win an eating contest with how fast I can stuff the food in my mouth. If I eat before, all the delicious food taunts me. The smell arouses my taste buds and then tries to over ride my head saying “don’t eat it”. I can hear my taste buds saying “eat it” and my brain saying “NO!”. I always try to bring a dish I can eat. Chocolate Malta Chicken Wings is the perfect dish to bring. It still “feels” like Super Bowl food. They are still a little indulgent but much better than their deep-fried counterparts.
I feel like I have tried every single trick in the book when it comes to dieting. It is such a mind game. I’ve tried telling myself “Nothing tastes better than thin”. Oh hello, thin does not have a taste, doesn’t work for me. I’ve tried “Just do it”. Just do what? Eat that? I’ve tried to tell myself I won’t remember what I ate this time last year; but I will still feel bad about my weight. Oops, I do remember what I ate for the big game last year, darn food memory. I’ve tried to think that this is about being healthy so I can have a long life for my little one. You would think that works but then my husband has another health issue and I’m back to putting me on the back burner.
Up to last year, I had been doing really well getting the weight off, slow and steady. Last year, I totally caved to the stress of my husband’s heart condition. It really took everything I had just to get through which left no energy to deal with my own issues. This year I am putting myself first. I’m trying to put eating healthy and exercising on the top of my list. That means planning. I am an obsessive planner which can stress me out. I have to plan out breakfast, lunch and dinner to successfully eat healthy day in and day out. So I’ve got to try not to be so obsessive about it but still do it, got to get my type A personality in check. This should be interesting.
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- ¼ tsp. ancho chili powder
- 5 lb chicken wings
- 1 recipe of Chocolate Malta BBQ Sauce
- Place wire racks on top of two baking sheets.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Mix together first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Put aside a little if you want to use as a dipping sauce. Add wings and toss to coat completely.
- Lay out the wings on top of the wire racks.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Brush on Chocolate Malta BBQ Sauce and bake for another 20 minutes, or until chicken is completely cooked. Serve with additional BBQ sauce, if desired.
Nutritional value per wing: Cal 153/Fat 10 grams/Carbs 2 grams/Fiber 0 grams/Protein 12 grams
Visit all the other Appetizer Week participants for more Football Munching Temptations:
- Pizza Pull Apart Bread by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Grilled Guacamole by Kiss My Smoke
- Crab Layer Dip by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Easy Individual Pizzas by Call Me Pmc
- Chocolate Malta Wings by Food Done Light
- Mom’s Famous Chicken Ball by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cheddar Bacon Dip by Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Tamari Roasted Chickpeas by Je Suis Alimentageuse
- Spinach Artichoke Dip by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Wing Dip by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Microwave BBQ Meatballs by From Gate to Plate
- Pulled Pork Sliders by The NY Melrose Family
- Cheese Bean Dip by Wonky Wonderful
- Chipotle Cheese Dip by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Roasted Vegetables and Romesco Crostini by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Buffalo Ranch Cheese Ball by What’s Cooking, Love?
- Buffalo Butternut Hummus by Farm Fresh Feast
- Mini Maryland Crabcakes by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Sesame Pecan Chicken Wings by Makobi Scribe
- Pina Colada Cheese Ball by Home Cooking Memories
- Roasted Tomatillo Salsaby Clarks Condensed
- Sweetly Spicy Southern Meatballs by Cooking In Stilettos
- Butternut Squash, Pomegranate & Goat Cheese Crostini by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Tex-Mex Chicken Salad Bites by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Four Cheese Garlic Flat Bread by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Caesar Mini Muffins by Food Lust People Love